This statement of general policy on health, safety and welfare at work and of the organisation and the arrangements for carrying out the Policy, is made under section 2(3) 0f the Health and safety at work etc. Act 1974, and is to be brought to the notice of all employees & contractors of Jusher Ltd by prominent display at all sites and workplaces.
The supporting Instruction, Procedures and Organisation Arrangements shall also be made available at all sites.
This statement recognises Jusher Limited’s obligations under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974. Jusher Limited, in the conduct of their activities will ensure that it:
- Protects the health safety and welfare of its employees and others who may be affected by its activities;
- Limits adverse effects on and adjacent to the area in which those activities are carried out;
- Meets its responsibilities as an employer to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent accidents, injuries and damage to health;
- Provides adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
- Consults with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
- Informs contractors undertaking work on behalf of Jusher Limited of the relevant standards required and that these are monitored to ensure compliance;
- Provides and maintains safe equipment;
- Ensures safe handling and use of substances;
- Provides information, instruction and supervision for employees and contractors;
- Ensures all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training;
- Maintains safe and healthy working conditions including welfare arrangements, and
- Reviews and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
This policy statement outlines the Company’s commitment to minimising risks to safety and health from our activities.
James Usher, Managing Director